There are no frontiers to Neda el Món! This time we are going to France, to the Languedoc-Roussillon zone, at only 45 minutes from Catalonia. Leucate La Franqui is situated at the Gulf of Lion, more precisely at the Corbières Maritimes, between Perpignan and Narbonne. The crossing will consist of a 3,5 km crossing, and another one of 6,1 km. They will be held one after the other, so anyone who wants to do both, can do so, and will have swum 9.6 km.
Recorregut Llarg. 6.100 metres.
Recorregut Curt. 3.500 metres.
In order to improve the swimmers’ safety during the crossing, the use of a safety buoy ISHOF Neda el Món is highly recommended. This buoy makes the swimmers more visible, and, at the same time, it provides them with a support when they are tired or in case of injury. It doesn’t affect the efficiency while swimming. You can find more information here.
- Briefing: There will be an informative briefing session for the swimmers at Leucate the day before the crossing, at 18pm. Information will be provided about the activities to be done at the region, as well as about the characteristics of the crossing.
- Information about Leucate. Click here to find all the informations about Leucate and its environment.
- Wetsuit rental: You can rent a wetsuit at our friends www.rentawetsuit.com.
- Insurance: All swimmers and volunteers will have liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Cloakroom service: There will be a cloakroom service at the arrival area for all the swimmers.
- Food and drinks: The organisation will supply with victuals at specific points during the crossing. At the arrival, swimmers will get food and drinks.
- Physiotherapy: On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Wetsuit cleaning: After the crossing, there will be a place to clean your wetsuit at the La Franqui beach, while you recover from the effort.
- Showers: There will be showers available for all swimmers at the La Franqui beach.
- Security/ medical service: In first place the kayaks and the paddle surfers will provide security. There will be pneumatic boats too, in case anybody has to be evacuated. In addition there will be a medical service with a boat and an ambulance at the arrival.
Competitive with or without neoprene
This route has a competitive version and a non-competitive version. In the competitive version the swimmers results will be published on a first come, while in the non-competitive version will be published in alphabetical order.
Those enrolled in the competitive version may also qualify for trophies, that will be awarded to the top 3 finishers, and will be posted to the annual ranking of Neda League Mon.
The competitive version will be divided into male and female categories. If the water temperature permits, subcategories neoprene or without neoprene also added.