Neda el Món also organizes crossings at the Cantabrian Sea!!! We organize a swimming at Loredo, one of the most beautiful zones of Cantabria, at only 20km of Santander and 3km from the Cantabrian capital’s Bay. It’s a spectacular crossing, swimming around the wonderful Santa Marina Island. Neda el Món arranges two different crossings: the first one goes around the island once (3.2km), the second one goes twice (5.3km).
Santa Marina 3,2km
Santa Marina 5,3km (2 voltes)
- Accommodation. In Derby Camping of Loredo, only 1 minut from the start and arrival point of the swim, with tranfer service from the airport included. You will have special prices in the Camping if you contact from Neda el Món. You can find all the information here.
- Surf session. 2 hours surf session held by the Santa Marina Island Surf School, for you to get initiated into this sport and also take a look at the route of the swim. Book it here!
- Insurances. All swimmers and volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Local activities. The organisation will provide information about all the activities that swimmers can do if they want to spend the weekend there: cultural visits, excursions in the surroundings etc.
- Briefing. The day before the crossing there will be an informative briefing session for the swimmers (Saturday August 30th at 5pm, at the Derby Camping of Loredo).
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món. If you want to collect it the day of the event, click here. If you want us to send it home, click here.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the arrival area.
- Food and drinks. The organisation will supply food and drinks at specific points during and after the crossing.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Wetsuit cleaning. While you recover from the effort you will be able to clean and dry your wetsuit at a specific point of the arrival area.
- Showers. There will be showers available for all participants at the arrival area, at the Derby Camping of Loredo.
- Security/ medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. There will be pneumatic boats too, in case anybody needs to be evacuated. In addition there will be a medical service with a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.