Neda el Món lands on the Rías Bajas (Galicia)!!! More precisely, on the stunning Pontevedra Estuary. The Tambo Island used to belong to the Army. From now on it will be assaulted by our swim addicts. There will be two different crossings. The first one, swimmers will go to the Tambo Island and swim back to the Combarro beach (3.5km). The second one, they will swim around this wonderful island (5km).
Combarro - Tambo Island 3,5km
Combarro - Tambo Island 5km
Combarro - Illa de Tambo vídeo 2014
- Accommodation. You can acommodate with the organisation in Combarro, only 20 metres from the start and arrival point of the swim. You can book rooms for 2, 3 or 4 people here.
- Recuperation lunch. To close the weekend Restaurant Ultramarinos in Combarro harbor will prepare a recuperation lunch, only 3 minutes walking from the arrival point. The menu will be salad, paella and dessert. The lunch will be at 2pm. The price for adults is € 12, and € 8 for children under 12. You can book the lunch here.
- Insurance. All swimmers and volunteers will have a liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- Local activities. The organisation will provide information about all the activities swimmers can do if they want to spend the weekend there: cultural activities, excursions in the surroundings etc.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing session for the swimmers the day before the crossing, Saturday at 7pm at Restaurant Ultramarinos in Combarro harbor.
- Wetsuit rental. You can rent a wetsuit at Neda el Món. If you want to collect it the day of the event, click here. If you want us to send it home, click here.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service at the arrival area.
- Food and drinks. The organisation will provide food and drinks at specific points during and after the crossing.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from “El Quinto Meta”.
- Wetsuit cleaning. While you recover from the effort you will be able to clean and dry your wetsuit at a specific point of the arrival area.
- Showers. There will be showers available for all swimmers at the arrival area at the Combarro Port.
- Security / medical service. In first place the kayaks will provide security. There will be pneumatic boats too, in case anybody needs to be evacuated. In addition there will be a medical service with a medically equipped boat and an ambulance at the arrival.
Competitive with or without neoprene
This route has a competitive version and a non-competitive version. In the competitive version the swimmers results will be published on a first come, while in the non-competitive version will be published in alphabetical order.
Those enrolled in the competitive version may also qualify for trophies, that will be awarded to the top 3 finishers, and will be posted to the annual ranking of Neda League Mon.
The competitive version will be divided into male and female categories. If the water temperature permits, subcategories neoprene or without neoprene also added.