Medes 2022 postponed until 5th June
Unfortunately, the forecast for Sunday May the 8th is getting worse and we will have Tramuntana during the whole day. With the new forecast, we don't see any options for swimming in the Medes. We’ve valued that with the paddle surf team and kayaking team and they won’t be able to get to the Medes either. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the safety of swimmers in these conditions.
We also don't want to waste your time. Knowing that we will not be able to do anything attractive enough, we prefer to postpone the crossing until next June the 5th. We know that there is no ideal solution, but we think that this decision will allow you to enjoy and, above all, not suffer. Surely on June 5 we will be able to enjoy the open water, the Medes, a better sea and a better temperature, both outside and inside the water. The whole program is as it was, but on June 4th and 5th. As always in these cases, we reopen registrations.
Obviously this decision is very sad for us. The work behind it is terrible! But we will enjoy it in June for sure! Thanks for your understanding!
Marc Caballé van Mol
5/6/2022 5:59:37 PM