A Swimrun is a trial for couples in which a number of running tracks are combined with a number of open water swimming sections, without interruptions, one after the other. You will swim with sport footwear and that’s why you are allowed to use pull buoys and hand paddles. Swimrun has become very popular in the Northern Countries since 2005, and Neda el Món is the first to organise a Swimrun at the Ebro Delta!
The Neda el Món ZOGGS SwimRun Ebro Delta (Riumar) will give its participants the challenge to outperform themselves, running and swimming in one of the most beautiful natural environments. The event will take place at the Ebro Delta, the start as well as the finish will be at Riumar, and participants will go through fabulous natural surroundings.
AN EXTRAORDINARY CHALLENGE!
Sector 1 - 0,55 k run
Sector 2 - 0,45 k swim
Sector 3 - 0,9 k run
Sector 4 - 0,7 k swim
Sector 5 - 5,91 k run
Sector 6 - 0,92 k swim
Sector 7 - 2,25 k run
Sector 8 - 0,45 k swim
Sector 9 - 1,8 k run
Sector 10 - 2,3 k run
Sector 11 - 0,7 k swim
Sector 12 - 3 k run
Sector 13 - 0,7 k swim
Sector 14 - 2 k run
Sector 15 - 0,7 k swim
Sector 16 - 5,6 k run
Sector 17 - 0,7 k swim
Sector 18 - 2,27 k run
Sector 19 - 0,7 k swim
One challenge, two distances
You can choose between two different distances: 32.6km or 13.93km.
The 32.6km trajectory is divided in 10 running tracks, altogether 26.58km (82%) and going up 98 metres, and 9 swimming sections, altogether 6.02km (18%). The start as well as the finish is at the Riumar Seafront Promenade.
The 13.93km trajectory is divided in 5 running tracks, altogether 11.41km (82%) and going up 42 metres, and 4 swimming sections, altogether 2.52km (18%). The start as well as the finish is at the Riumar Seafront Promenade.
- Each team consists of two people.
- The inscription is per team, so two people, one inscription.
- The inscription price is per team.
- The teams can be two men, two women, or one man and one woman. There will be awards for these three categories at both distances.
- There is the option to register individually to each of the three distances.
- There will be classification, and individual awards in male and female category.
- During the process of individual registration you must also define a team name and repeat the email of the individual participant in the "email" box.
- Accommodation. The official event accommodation is the Apartamentos Las Dunas at Riumar.
- Equipment delivery. The day before the event, between 10am and 6pm, at the Apartamentos Las Dunas at Riumar.
- Briefing. There will be an informative briefing session for the participants the day before the event, at 6pm, at the Apartamentos Las Dunas at Riumar.
- Wetsuit renting. You can rent a wetsuit at www.rentawetsuit.com.
- Cloakroom service. There will be a cloakroom service for all participants at the arrival zone.
- Checkpoints and food and drink supplies. The organisation will fix several checkpoints and provide food and drink supplies during the race. The participants will be offered food and drinks at the finish line.
- Physiotherapy. On arrival a physiotherapy service will be offered by a team of professionals from El Quinto Meta.
- Showers. There will be showers available for all participants next to the arrival area.
- Security/Medical Service. There will be medically equipped pneumatic boats at the swim sections and first aid equipment and ambulances along the run sections.
- Insurance. All swimmers and all volunteers will have liability insurance and an insurance against accidents.
- All participants must carry their whole equipment from the start till the finish line. There will be controls of the required material before the start and during the race. In case a team breaks this rule, they will automatically be disqualified.
- Both members of teams that participate at the 32km must send, at last 6 days before the event, a sport medical certificate which authorizes them to practice physical exercise. This certificate must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. No team will be allowed to start the race without this sport medical certificate.
- Both members of the team must stay together all the time. They can’t separate more tan 10m during the running or the swimming.
- All participants are obliged to immediately attend any other participant in case of emergency, helping this person in situ as well as informing the organisation as soon as possible.
- The organisation can forbid a team to continue if they don’t carry their equipment as stipulated before, or if the physical condition of one of the members of a team doesn’t allow him/her to go on.
- Any floatation or propulsion help must not surpass 100cmx60cm and must be carried all the way during the race, from the start till the finish line.
- Any mechanical or automatic help is forbidden.
- The running sections will be open, so there will be pedestrians as well as supporters of the event around. The organisation will call on all participants and bystanders to exercise mutual respect.
- The race will be run through delicate natural environments (sea, beaches, walkways, paths…) and all participants are required to respect the surroundings, and not to throw litter along the track.
- Wetsuit (one for each participant).
- Goggles (a pair for each participant).
- Swim run footwear (a pair for each participant).
- A swim whistle the organisation will give you (one for each participant).
- The chip the organisation will give you (one for each participant).
- The roadmap the organisation will give you (one each participant).
- A numbered swim cap that the organisation will give you and that you must put on during the swimming (one for each participant).
- A cell phone to be able to inform about potential incidences (one per team).
- ISHOF Neda el Món watertight buoy or similar for your safety while swimming and in order to carry your cell phone (one per team).
- A waist bag for your kit and food and drink supply (one per team).
- A clip in order to fasten the ISHOF Neda el Món watertight buoy or similar during the run sections.
- A rope/elastic band to stay together in the water (maximum 10m).
- Gels and/or bars.
- Floatation or propulsion helps (hand paddles, pull buoy).